You must have heard people saying that health is wealth. So, it is always recommended to have healthy snacks as it will also help to keep your body fit. Kids of growing age especially feel hungry quite often and so your refrigerator must always contain a container full of health snacks.
The most recommended of healthy snacks are dry cereals. It can be hard to imagine your kids eating dry cereals, but let me inform you that dry cereals generally contain wheat, corn, nuts, honey and bran and thus it is accepted by kids of all age group. Moreover, before serving any snacks to them, you must also check the nutrition label on the product. Well, you can find dry fruits can be difficult for them to like but you can replace them with some natural fruits like strawberry, apple, banana, and cherries. When you talk about healthy snacks for kids, then I would recommend you to replace the junk food with natural fruits. It is always recommendable to make your healthy snacks into the one which is in their natural form, like fruits and vegetable before they get processed. Listed below are the lists of healthy snacks for your kids, but for that, you need to get prepared for the regimen change. And you also need to fill your kitchen with this healthy stuff because if those healthy snacks are in our sight, then we will remember to serve them.
- Root Vegetable – It’s always better to carry a baby carrot or the chopped celery with you because it is also easy to carry them along with your lunch box. You will be shocked to know that both these vegetables have lots of minerals and low calories, which help to fuel up your body.
- Sliced Fruit – You can easily find this in a nearby grocery store and nowadays some of the fast food restaurants also keep sliced fruits as their dish. Before you go and buy sliced fruits from any store, you must make sure that you buy the pre-cut one or buy the whole fruits. It means that you should never opt for fruits which are cut from beforehand as experts do not encourage eating those categories of fruit. It’s better if you walk to any grocery store and buy uncut fruits like apples, plums, blueberries, peaches, etc.
- Low carb granola bar – All you need to do is just pack the healthy nuts into, and I am sure that your kids will love to have it. The bars are going to taste similar to the processed granola, but you must ensure that the sugar content is not too high.
- Nuts – If your child has an allergy with the nuts then you must try nuts from the Somersaults. They prepare nuts from the sunflower seed which is very healthy to have. Additionally, these are also available in size, which is perfect for the little hands and little mouth.
- Raisin – Raisin is nothing but a form of the partially dried grapes which is loaded with fiber. These snacks are not only healthy to eat but are also low glycemic snacks. You will be amazed to know that only a small box of raisin contains forty-five calories. You can give raisin to the kids any time you want; you can also serve them during their snacks time. Or if you want, then you can add them in cereals and salads.
- Green Pizza – We all know that it is very difficult to stop kids from having pizza. So instead of preventing them from eating pizza, you can transform the normal pizza into the nutritious green one. All that you need to do is rub oil, preferably olive oil on the whole wheat pita pocket. This will give some softness to your pizza, and after rubbing some oil, you need to cover the pita with only chopped baby spinach. If you want, then you can top shredded mozzarella and Swiss cheese and put it in a microwave for a minute. The nutritious pizza will be ready for your kids, and you can serve them as snacks.
- Fried Banana – We all know that banana is great fruit which you should have in your daily life, but there are some kids who do not want to include banana in their snacks time. So for such category of kids, you will have to cook the banana with some added honey, which will invite the kids to have more and more of these bananas. The honey added banana is a good healthy snack for your kids because banana has vitamin B6 which are beneficial for proper brain functioning.
- Oatmeal – People are using oatmeal as a part of their healthy breakfast, but very few of them know that you can also use it as a part of your snacks. You will be amazed to know that the oats have a high content of the soluble fiber that helps to increase the bacteria which are beneficial for digestion. But you should try to make your oatmeal with milk instead of water as it will give some additional protein to your diet.
- Fruit smoothie – The fruit smoothie is a good way by which you can carry lots of nutrients during your snacks. Moreover, without the knowledge of your kids, you can add vegetables in your smoothie. Due to the sweetness of the fruit, the kids will not even realize that they had a nutritious green vegetable.
- Olives – You can include olives in your healthy snacks list because they are a good source of antioxidants. These antioxidants are very much essential for a body because it protects the body from damaging free radicals. Moreover, it is also very soft and easy to eat, but you need to make sure that the pit is removed before it is served to the kids. There are different varieties of olives available, and each of them has its own unique flavor. If you want to try olives for the first time, then I would recommend you to go with the mild-flavored black olives.